Walty’s Mom Muffins
Patricia Chuey is Walty’s mom and she is a fantastic individual. I will share with you not only one of her recipes but one of the products she makes for those who are gluten intolerant. But even if you are not gluten intolerant, I would recommend this blend, it is easy in the stomach and tastes great!!!
1 ½ Cups of multipurpose baking blend
½ Cup of granulated sugar
1 Tsp of baking powder
1 Tsp baking soda
½ Tsp of salt
½ Cup of canola oil or melted butter
1 ½ Cups of override mashed bananas
1 Cup of fresh or frozen berries, optional
1) Preheat oven to 375oF/190 oC. Mist muffin tins with cooking spray.
2) In bowl, combine baking blend, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) In another bowl, beat egg. Add oil/melted butter and bananas. Mix well and pour into dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Fold in berries if using.
4) Divide into 12 regular or 24 mini muffin tins.
5) For regular muffins bake for 20-22 minutes, for mini bake for 13-15 minutes.
This is the most fantastic legacy we could have from Antelma, my mom’s companion-friend-worker-everything. She makes this fantastic spicy salad that goes well with anything: tortillas, bread, on its own, on top of meat…
1) Simply cut all ingredients thin, mix all together and pour in a lot of lemon juice, some olive oil and salt.
2) Let it soak for a while so the flavours are stronger.
Brian’s face with tacos pastor ;)
Rice with nuts… delicious!!!
Jamaica leaves are Mexican meat, super tasty and nutritious
Tamales are my weakness and I thought I had no weaknesses???