Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wonders of PERU… Loving food here!!!

Chicharron de camaron.
We stayed at this little town 12 kilometres from the Panamerican Highway in the South of Peru called Cocachacra. We had fantastic food there. This dish is basically deep fried shrimp. It costs 20 Soles and it is completely worth it… Remember about 2.7 Soles per Canadian dollar.
We also had something else, although this would have been enough for the day…


Rocoto relleno.
For 5 Soles you can have a spicy pepper filled with meat, cheese and veggies. I loved it.



Arequipa beer.
The beer of the area. It costs 3.5 Soles for a large bottle… I liked it.!!!


Quick note, anything that is not the MENU of the day in Peru is called Extra (s)… that means whatever dish you want to order that is ON the MENU (list) but not the SET MENU OF THE DAY (MENU DEL DIA)…

We will be back in Peru to continue to make ourselves happy with wonderful food... I will miss you Peru... Great prices, great food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.