Sunday, April 22, 2012

And the truth is… I love broccoli… and tacos!!!

I cannot deny that I love vegetables and broccoli is my favourite but I love tacos too… specially Tacos al pastor…


Los Bisquets Obregon.
This is a very well known place in some states of Mexico where you can find good coffee and a bisquet or chocolate with churros (Mexican fried dough covered with sugar).

We had a coffee for $21 Mexican pesos, a bisquet for $21.5 Mexican pesos and 1 churro with chocolate for $31.5 Mexican pesos. Totally worth it since we needed to discuss some important topics and we got the peace and environment we needed to do so.
P4110027


Have you seen this before?
This is a Deya thing. I like mixing things. In the picture you can see pasta soup + boiled black beans + banana… It was good!!!
P4130086


Torta de avena.
This is one of my favourite discoveries in life. I love oats and this recipe contains oats.

Ingredients:
Oats (let’s say 1 cup)
Onion
Parsley or cilantro
Egg
Salt
Oil

Preparation:
1) Soak the oats in water; do so by covering the oats with water.
2) Cut onion, parsley or cilantro and if you may wish you can also add cheese.
3) Mix the soaked oats with the veggies and 1 egg. Add salt to taste.
4) Distribute some of the mix in a pan previously coated with oil. Fry one side, then the other.
5) Enjoy with tortillas and a salad.
P4140107


Paleta Payaso.
This is a common candy in Mexico called Lollypop Clown, which is not the exact translation but you get the idea.
It is $7.5 Mexican pesos and tasty but not healthy. I was never a candy eater as a little girl and I am not a candy eater as an older girl but we enjoyed this one given to us by Waldo. Thanks Waldo!!!
P4180001
P4180005


Gonela Cheese.
This cheese is produced in the State of Yucatan, similar to Chiapas cheese but saltier. It goes well with anything but I prefer to eat it with beans. It is $44.8 Mexican pesos per kilogram but with $12 Mexican pesos you can eat cheese for 10 days.
P4180007


Potato soup by Waldo.
Waldo is an innovative fellow and when he cooks his food is tasty. Here we have a simple recipe that cost $32 Mexican pesos and it was good for 10 people.

Ingredients:
1.2 Kg potatoes
1 Leak
½ Onion
1 Clove of garlic
10 Grams of butter
Salt
Oil
Water

Preparation:
1) Basically cut all ingredients.
2) Fry garlic and onion first with a bit of oil.
3) Add potatoes and leak.
4) Add butter and salt.
5) Boil with water until potatoes are soft.
6) Enjoy.
P4200067


Tacos Chedrahui.
We were not looking for tacos this time but since we had been out all day and needed to do some shopping at one of the most common grocery stores in Mexico we decided to have some tacos before shopping.
Each taco was $7 Mexican pesos and there were different types: chicken, pork, beef; of course all cooked with veggies.
I almost died when I tried the habanero sauce… very spicy but delicious…
P4200063
P4200064


Nopalitos…
Nopal is a kind of eatable cactus. A kilo of nopales is $15.33 and you can produce delicious dishes with them.
Betty’s mom cooked them with a bit of oil and onions, added pepper and salt. We had them with tortillas and with bolillos and both were excellent options.
P4200065

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.